Engineering Masters –
The engineering master cycle lasts 2 years and follows on from the bachelor cycle. Two years to become an IT Engineer based on a philosophy which is specific to EPITA:
- Adding the managerial dimension to engineering.
- Validating the operational command of technologies linked to information systems.
- Shaping a professional profile by gaining job-specific skills and strong expertise in an industrial or research-related field
- Developing an international outlook by gaining true academic or business experience.
1st year : diversification and customisation
- 1st semester : IT project internship.
- 2nd semester : outlooks and prospects, choice of a major and a minor class.
2nd year : high-level expertise in a field and a sector
- Professional skills
- Sector-spectif expertise
Dual skills/double degree
EPITA students regularly validate dual skills in management by studying for an MBA at the end of their curriculum at EPITA with very prestigious business schools such as HEC and ESSEC. EPITA has decided to make it easier to acquire the dual skills by offering a double-degree partnership with the specialized MBAs of the ISG (Institut Supérieur de Gestion).
Students take part in a joint core curriculum for 2 months, attend specialization classes for 3 months then carry out a 7-month internship. The program may be studied for in English.
Students choose an MBA in one of the 7 areas:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategy Consulting
- Business Creation
- Change Management and Technology
- Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Development Management
- Finance and International Markets
Double international degree
Students wishing to gain an American information system management degree can study for the MSIS (Master of Science in Information Systems) at the Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken), which is one of the top-5 management degrees in the USA. The partnership signed with EPITA enables students to validate in Paris (via an equivalence procedure) at least 5 of the 12 classes required and therefore do the MSIS in one year instead of two.
Students start Stevens in January of the final year. The double degree agreement means that it only takes an extra 6 months to validate both degrees. As the MSIS is an executive degree, students meet many professionals working in banking, finance and insurance, which helps them get their first job in the USA.
Similarly, students may gain a British Master of Science (MSc). The MSc has a good reputation, is very muck acknowledged by businesses and is a very good springboard for an international career. For instance, Staffordshire University, one of our partners, gives students the opportunity to gain an MSc in Computer science, Computer Networks and Security and Embedded Systems
At the end of their studies, students are awarded an EPITA engineering degree (Diplôme d’Ingénieur) which is accredited by the CTI as a Master’s degree.